Monday 19 November 2018

Ikea Tealight Gift Box with Eastern Medallions

Many thanks to the very talented Gez Carpenter for the inspiration for this project, you can check out her original blog post here

This is a gift box with a separate lid that has been die-cut with the Eastern Medallions Thinlet Dies

Here is mine...


So, how did I make them..

First, I had to measure my tealights and as you can see they were roughly 3" square
The height of the tealights was ⅝" so I decided to do a box height of ¾"
Adding everything up the box base ¾" + 3" ¾" = 4½" square. I cut these out of thick very vanilla and used the score board to score at ¾" on all 4 sides.

For the box lid I made it slightly larger to make a nice fit on the base by adding 1/16" to the measurement on all four sides. I also decided that I wanted the box base to be visible so I made the lid smaller meaning the measurements were ½" + 3" + ½" = 4" + ⅛" + 4⅛ square. I then scored this piece at ½" on all four sides.

I then got out my Big Shot™and choosing my thinlets I placed them in the middle of the card stock and cut.


It was then simply a case of cutting and notching the tabs and gluing it together, placing a faceted gem in the centre of the lid.

I got a little carried away and made a few...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts